Our flight got in around 9:30 on Thursday and we staying London until today when the Mansfield kids got on a bus and ended up in Oxford.
London was great! We stayed in this ridiculous hotel that was very disorganized and the rooms were tiny tiny tiny, but we were only in the rooms to sleep, so it wasn't a big deal. On Thursday we spend about 5 hours trying to find our rooms in the crazy hotel, and then took a walk around Hyde Park. It was absolutely gorgeous, and the weather was perfect! The sun was shining and it was kind of cool...good sweater weather. On Friday we had hours and hours of orientation meetings. A police officer came to talk to us about how to protect ourselves from muggers and what to do if we get in a bar fight. They also told us that if we do drugs, we should ask around for a good drug dealer. Very different than the U.S. They also were very enthusiastic about how we can all drink. So after orientation we went to a play called The Creditors, which I thought was quite awful, but some of the students enjoyed it. The acting wasn't great, the plot was dumb, and the writing was terrible, but I guess it was a little bit entertaining. After, a bunch of us went to a little pub near the hotel and tried, unsuccessfully, to make British friends.
Today we got on a bus and came to Oxford! It is WONDERFUL!!! I've been looking for wizards all day, but haven't found any...yet. BUT there is a college called Dragon College. I'm not really sure what it is, but a friend pointed it out to me on a map. I'll write more once I visit.
We moved into our building, which is about a 20 minute walk from campus, but it is a nice building. My room is a single and decently sized. There is a small bathroom and a nice kitchen. Then the American kids wandered around town, got cell phones, and ate dinner and this crazy little burger/chicken place. I got a veggie burger, which was delicious, and very flavorful, especially for English food.
Ok, I am going out right now, but I'll write again soon!
1 comment:
pictures?
Post a Comment