Highlights:
I SAW THE GIRL WHO PLAYS SUSAN PEVANSIE IN THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA!!!!
She was walking down the road and I wanted to say something, but it seemed kind of rude. But I saw her, and she goes to college at Magdalen College. Which is right next to where I live! Excellent.
Went to a foam party. It was gross and wet and foamy, but overall pretty fun. It was exactly as I imagined Europeans to party. British people are really bad dancers and I love it.
Met my Victorian Lit tutor today.
I walked about 3 miles to his office (maybe more) for a 10 minute meeting. He basically asked me what I wanted to read and I said Dickens, and then he made a list of Charlotte Bronte novels I should read and I said I hated Jane Eyre, can I focus on other authors please? So we agreed that I would only have to read one thing by Charlotte Bronte and it won't be Jane Eyre. Then he said that my first assignment is to write a 10 page essay citing 3-10 sources on the internalization of middle class life in Dicken's Oliver Twist. Due Wednesday. And term doesn't even start until Monday. Oh well, I guess I have something important to do now. Gotta get to the library! My Shakespeare tutor hasn't emailed me yet, so I sent her a message last night requesting to meet with her, but she has yet to respond. Hopefully she won't suggest we meet Monday and give me an essay for Tuesday or something ridiculous.
Hung out with Abi (the girl I met in NY this summer).
Met a bunch of her friends. Everyone is soooo nice!!!!
I wandered around the libraries the other day. They are huge and daunting and I will never be able to find the books I need, but at least I know that the books I need will be somewhere, probably under ground, in the library.
So that's pretty much it. I haven't taken any pictures because my plug adapters don't work and my camera battery is dead, but I plan on fixing that soon. Oh and I went grocery shopping today and got a ton of food for really cheap. Buying store brand food is soooo much cheaper than brand name stuff. Like in American it might be a little cheaper, but here it is basically free. So yeah that's good.
P.S. Last night I went to a pub called Hobgoblin and no kidding there was a wizard in there. old man, long white hair, long white beard, maybe reading a spell book. HOGWARTS??
Oh and I signed up to audition for some improv groups. Should be fun.
And it was sunny today and beautiful and nice and warm.
No comments:
Post a Comment