Since last I posted things have calmed down a bit and I've found myself in the library mostly everyday, though today I've chosen to study a little in my room. It's another gorgeous day, though. The sky is so blue and the sun always finds a way to just strike the top of the spires and shoot off rays of light in a million directions. I'll attempt to take a picture, though no promises that it will convey its magnificent beauty. I did get an adapter so now my camera is charged! I'll try to find time to get out today and take some photos.
Yesterday I went to this store called Boswells, which I guess is similar to the home goods section of Macy's or maybe more like a Sears? I got a mug for TEA! and a plate and tiny little bowl, and silverware. Food here is cheap, but everything else is sort of expensive.
Last night I made dinner for people in my building. I can cook!!! I was quite impressed with myself.
I guess I should only really write something here when something interesting has happened.
Hm, oh well.
I met my Shakespeare tutor. She seems amazing and British! I have a 6-8 page paper on Hamlet due two Fridays from now. Not bad. Especially since I've read Hamlet and love it.
I'm currently working on a children's book called... well you can know what it is called once it's written. I only have about a page so far, but let's just say, it won't disappoint. There are dragons. Speaking of which, I walked passed Dragon School. It is actually supposed to be some super rich and classy boarding school for humans. Or so they say...
Well anyway, I have about 150 pages left to read of Oliver Twist, 10 pages to write, and a bit more research to do. The libraries are closed on the weekends. How inconvenient. Though once term starts they are open for about 4 hours on Saturdays. Jolly good!
Send me mail. Ask for my address or ask my mom. And please everyone update me on your lives in America, or abroad if that is where you find yourself. My email is whitegt@bc.edu so no excuses not to email me. Does anyone still read this?
2 comments:
Carrie,
I read everything you write and I really enjoy it. Don't stop!
Love you!
Aunt Penny
Carrie,
I am reading everything you write and I am really enjoying it. Don't stop!
Love you,
Aunt Penny
Post a Comment