So after the essay was finished (though, now I have one on Vanity Fair due next Wednesday and one on Hamlet due next Friday), I made a delicious dinner (who knew I could sort of cook?), and went to improv auditions. There were about 60 people auditioning for maybe 5 spots, so it was very intimidating and each individual didn't get t do much scene work, so it was pretty much, 'here's your chance, don't screw it up' kind of thing. So I got to be in one scene and it was a perfect scene. So yay. And then we played freeze and I was pretty good at that as well. But I guess I had an advantage over the people who had never done improv before. But the point of all this is that I got a callback! I don't know how many others got called back, but I'm thinking it won't be more than half of the people who were there yesterday. So less than 30. So that means, out of the 30 I have a 16% chance of making it? Is that right? Math.... Cool.
This country is great.
A few things of negative note:
1) toilet paper is reminiscent of tissues that you buy in a pack and put in your bag for when you travel or something. It's like tiny sheets. So you have to use a bunch of these tiny sheets. Weird. I'd like to get some normal tp or as they call it here, "loo paper"
2) men who exercise here wear really really short shorts
3) It is another beautiful day! Am I ever going to use my umbrella? (not really that negative of a thing.)
4) the grocery store which they call "supermarket" is always packed. I've never been when it took me less than 10 minutes to check out. Very long lines. But luckily people here don't buy as many groceries. So it is quicker for each individual to check out.
Well that's it for today. I have to read some Hamlet and some Vanity Fair today. I might go find a park, seeing as it is so lovely outside.
Please someone email me? Update me on your lives? Leave comments? Am I really that much of a loser? Does anyone care?
2 comments:
Oh Carrie, I'll bring you some from Paris...Maybe they just need the better kind cuz of the bidets? :o
Put up some more pictures!!! Include some of the people that you have told me about. This place does look beautiful. I can see why you love it.
Mom
Post a Comment