Tuesday, October 28, 2008

HOLY COW






Welp, it's 9:32pm and I have an essay due tomorrow at 3:45.  The good news is, I've finished the novel.  The bad news is, I haven't started writing.  The better news is, that I'm taking time to update you all on my life.  Feel privileged.  This weekend Mark came to visit, which is why I got so far behind in my work, but at least I was forced to go out and explore Oxford a bit.  Mark got here on Friday, and we didn't really do anything because Mark was somewhere in Oxford and I couldn't find him.  But then, I found him!  And then we saw Kitt!!! And Kitt's mom and Kitt's dad!!!  It was pretty weird.  JUST KIDDING! I knew Kitt was coming here, so we planned to meet up for a bit.  We went to the Turf, which is a cute little pub near Mansfield and they just so happened to be having some sort of keg festival.  But we did not participate.  Anyway, Mark and I made some great dinners while he was here, including a really great salmon with balsamic glaze and asparagus.  Delicious.  
One day, we were trying to go to church and got lost in Christ Church.  Apparently we were NOT allowed to be there, and the security guy was NOT happy.  But it was weird because there were a ton of tourists there, so I tried to explain to him that I'm an Oxford student and that I was just trying to go to church, but then he gave me a really hard time about it and made me show him my ID and was generally not a very pleasant man.
But free secret tour through Christ Church's quad for Mark!
Cool.
Pictures and such.  

No comments: