Hi!
This is a wonderful picture of Oxford in the fall. This is Mansfield Rd. How nice and beautiful. It rained the other day and now all the leaves are soggy and gross. I snapped this picture just in time.
So basically I've been working really hard this week and need a break. I had my tutorial yesterday in which I turned in an 11 page essay on Vanity Fair. And I got a 1st! Which is really really good. Best you can get at Oxford. It was sort of awkward when my tutor told me because I didn't know what a 1st meant and he was like, "you should be really excited, that's the best." But then I continued to be awkward and was like "Thanks...." weird. At least all my hard work is paying off. And it looks like Vanity Fair will be the longest novel I read this term.
In other work-related news, I have an essay on Hamlet due tomorrow. Luckily it is overcast today, so I will be motivated to stay indoors. Though, I still haven't quite began writing, and I must still read Act 5. Alas, poor Yorrick.
I have very little to update on the Oxford/traveling front as I have been in my room all week, and only got out yesterday to go to my tutorial and two days ago when I went to the grocery store to get milk and cereal. I do have a cold, though, which I attribute to lack of sleep, but I got a good 8 hours last night! I did not make the improv troupe, but as it turns out, there was a whole other room of people auditioning, so about 100+ people auditioned and only 20 got called back, so I felt pretty good about that at least. I also auditioned for a sketch group, though I have yet to hear from them, which I take as a sign I didn't make that either. But, alas, more time to focus on my work!
And Mark is visiting this weekend! Unfortunately, I have a bit of work to do, and it seems like he will have a lot to do as well. And it is supposed to be cold and sprinkling rain most of the weekend. I can't complain much, though, as the weather has been beautiful thus far!
There's not much to tell, as I haven't done much but study, but thanks for allowing me to procrastinate a bit. I think I will go make some tea, now.
3 comments:
Is that your dorm?
No, just a building. My dorm is not that nice.
Take a picture of your dorm.
Post a Comment