

Ok, I've been extremely busy, but having a pretty good time.
So last I wrote, Mark had just visited, and he's going to be here again tomorrow! Which means that it has been too long since I've updated this thing.
Things that have happened in the past 2 weeks:
1) Victorian Fiction tutorial: hahaha.
2) Halloween: I hung out with Abi for a bit and then headed to college for a Halloween bop. I dressed as a fairy and was adorable, if I may say so myself.
3) Went to London: Kind of a disappointment. Butler was having a thing for all their study abroad students, and it would have been really fun if I had known other people besides Mansfield people, but oh well. It was rainy and windy and cold. Went on Saturday afternoon, and then Saturday night Butler had a cruise on the Thames. Should have been fun, but the rain made it impossible to see anything from the boat, and it was very very cold. But breakfast on Sunday morning made up for everything. They had every kind of wonderful food imaginable and it was warm and delicious. And I got some Turkish Delight and pretended I was in Narnia. Not bad.
4) ELECTIONS!!! SO I voted!!! And Obama won, which is wonderful. I stayed up until 6am here watching the results and hearing Obama speak. I got goosebumps. Being away from America has made me much more interested in American politics. Sort of strange, but oh well. All the British students were really into the elections as well and probably know more about America than I ever will. The college had a little gathering in the common room and people got pizza and got drunk, typical England, and watched Obama win! This country is very happy, I can tell you that much.
It seems like nothing much has happened, but you would be very wrong to assume that. It has been very very busy here. Now you can have some pictures.
2 comments:
What do you mean by "it seems like nothing much has happened here"?
I don't know, that it's been two weeks and I didn't have too much to comment on but Halloween and London.
Post a Comment